Recovery Act INformation
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act) was signed into law by President Obama on February 17th, 2009.
The Recovery Act contains several sources of funding for K-12 education.
This Web page provides information on the major prekindergarten through grade twelve provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), signed by President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009. This unprecedented investment will provide our public education and early childhood programs with critically needed funds and the opportunities to continue efforts to close achievement gaps and improve educational opportunities for Montana's children and youth.
ARRA and Stabilization Funding for Montana's K-12 School Districts includes:
- State Fiscal Stabilization Funds for K-12 BASE Aid $62.10 M
- State Fiscal Stabilization Funds for State Special Education $2.46 M
- Deferred Maintenance and Energy Improvement Grants to Schools (Dept. of Commerce) $20 M
- "Quick Start" Energy Grants (Dept. of Commerce) $15 M
- Qualified Zone Academy Bonds (QZAB) $3.18M immediately, $4.6 M expected in 2010
- Qualified School Construction Bonds (QSCB) $31.6 M immediately, $31.6 M expected in 2010
- ARRA Title I Part A Funding for School $34.65 M
- ARRA IDEA Part B - Special Education $36.7 M
- ARRA IDEA Preschool - Special Education $1.26 M
- ARRA Title IID – Education Technology $3.2 M
- ARRA Title I – School Improvement $9.7 M
- ARRA Education for Homeless Children and Youth $175,966
- School Nutrition Equipment Grants $224,981
Race to the Top (RTTT)
The Race to the Top Fund provides competitive grants to encourage and reward States that are creating the conditions for education innovation and reform; implementing ambitious plans in the four education reform areas described in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA); and achieving significant improvement in student outcomes, including making substantial gains in student achievement, closing achievement gaps, improving high school graduation rates, and ensuring that students are prepared for success in college and careers.
- Superintendent Denise Juneau's Comments on proposed regulations for Race to the Top Grants submitted to the U.S. Department of Education on August 21, 2009.
- Joint Letter to Sec. Duncan on Charter Schools
The U.S. Department of Education invites comments on the Proposed Priorities by August 28, 2009.
OPI ARRA Programs
State Fiscal Stabilization Funds (SFSF)
State Fiscal Stabilization Funds under ARRA were appropriated by the Montana Legislature to fund a portion of the increase in K-12 Base Aid in FY10 and FY11.
Superintendent Denise Juneau's Comments on proposed regulations for State Fiscal Stabilization Funds, Phase 2,submitted to the U.S. Department of Education on August 21, 2009
Ed Jobs - ARRA
Webinar on December 9, 2010
IDEA ARRA Allocations
NCLB ARRA Allocations (Title IA and IID, Fall 2009)
School Nutrition Equipments Grants
Schools of Promise - SIG
Tracking Sheet for SIG Salary Reimbursements