Official Email to Montana Schools
Since 2000 all correspondence to Montana school districts has been delivered to official school e-mail accounts located on servers within OPI.
To login and access mail in your official account:
- Go to the METNET web page at: http://www.metnet.mt.gov/Login Enter your USER NAME and PASSWORD in the dialog box. Passwords are Case Sensitive. Press OK (Your USER NAME will be LE and then your 4 digit legal entity code i.e., LE1234). If you don't know your PASSWORD call our help desk at: In-State Toll-Free 1.888.231.9393 extension 1626, Local 406.444.1626.
- Quick Link Use this link to quickly view what has been sent to Montana Schools. If you feel you are not receiving mail from OPI's servers, see the Configure Official Email tab.
- RSS Use RSS to get the latest official news.
Other e-mail applications will have similar setup procedures.
Configuring Official Email into Outlook
The 'Pull' Method
The following instructions will allow Outlook to retrieve your official email. Other email applications will have similar setup procedures.
- Start Outlook
- Next, select Tools -> Account Settings... (Figure 2.1)
- Under the Email tab, select New...
- Type in your Name, your METNET email account (which is your LEnumber@metnet.mt.gov - example: LE1234@metnet.mt.gov (Figure 2.5)
- Your User Name is also your LE number - example: LE1234 with no spaces.
- Your Password is Case Sensitive, and there are no spaces.
- If you don't know your district's password, contact our help desk at 406.444.1626
- Both the Incoming mail server (POP3) and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) are mail.metnet.mt.gov
- * NOTE: If more than one individual will be using this LE number account to pull mail, then click, More Settings before continuing on to the next step. (Figure 2.6)
- Under the Advanced tab, under Delivery, select Leave a copy of messages on the server
- Click, OK
- Click Test Account Settings (Figure 2.7)
- If your connection is complete, click Next
- If your connection is not complete, review the steps above and make sure your settings are correct
- Select Finish and your Outlook account is set up to import your METNET email (Figure 2.8)
- If you do not receive the Congratulations message, click the back button all the way back to the beginning, and make sure that you have correctly completed all the required information.
- If you still have problems, please call our Help Desk for assistance: 406.444.1626