USDA Foods Program
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Distribution or “USDA Foods” Program provides foods such as meats, vegetables, fruits, grains, and dairy products to schools participating in the National School Lunch Program. The USDA purchases these foods through direct appropriations from Congress, and under surplus removal and price support activities.
The USDA administers the program at the federal level. At the state level, the USDA Foods Program is administered by the School Nutrition Programs, Office of Public Instruction, which operates the program through agreements with local school districts.
School districts that participate in the National School Lunch Program are to incorporate the USDA Foods received into the school lunch menu on a routine basis.
School districts that participate in the National School Lunch Program are to incorporate the commodity foods received into the school lunch menu on a routine basis.
Recall Procedures for USDA Foods
This document was developed to provide an overview of the recall process for USDA Foods with a focus on school meals programs. Particular attention is given to the roles and responsibilities of various entities in communicating information and removing recalled food from service to ensure that recalls are handled in a timely and effective manner. In the event of an actual recall of USDA Foods, more specific instructions will be provided to affected state agencies; however, this document contains an overview of the recall process, a description of how to conduct a recall of USDA Foods, and a reference guide on the responsibilities of each stakeholder involved in USDA Foods recalls. It is a valuable resource for understanding the USDA Foods recall process.
ACDA Recipient Agency Handbook
Best If Used By Guidance Inventory Control In Schools
Best If Used By Guidance Warehouse Inventory Control
Commodity Fact Sheets
USDA Foods Shipment Schedule for 2015-16
Delivery Policy for USDA Commodity Foods
File a Complaint
Food Product Dating
More Bites for Your Buck$
Planned Assistance Level Calculations SY2015
Remaining Entitlement 2014 Revised December 2013
USDA Commodity Processing Fact Sheet
USDA Foods Healthy Choices
USDA Foods – Making the New Meal Pattern work for Le$$
Value of USDA Foods 2015
- USDA DOD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
The Department of Defense (DoD) Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program allows schools to use USDA Foods entitlement dollars to buy fresh produce.
- About DOD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program This document provides history of the program and information about current operations
- Defense Logistics Agency Produce Website DLA's site provides detailed information about how the program works and lists links to the produce vendor long term contracts and delivery zones
- FFAVORS Web The web-based Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Order/Receipt System is the ordering mechanism for the DoD Fresh program.
Log into USDA FFAVORS Web
- Navigate to: http://www.fns.usda.gov/fdd/ffavors.htm
- Select the Log into FFAVORS web link under the 'I want to' section.
- On the blue warning page, read and click the 'I Agree' button.
- On the eAuthentication Login page, enter your eAuth ID and password in the User ID and Password fields.
Think Food Extra, April 2016
Shipment 10 - March, 2016
Shipment 9 - February, 2016
Shipment 8 - January, 2016
Shipment 7 - December 2015
Shipment 6 - November 2015
Shipment 5 - November 2015
Shipment 4 - October 2015
Shipment 3 - September 2015
Shipment 2 - September 2015
Shipment 1 – August 2015