Other Education News
2014 Notary Conference April 4 & 5, 2014Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 10:43 am
Secretary of State Linda McCulloch is hosting the 2014 Montana Notary Conference, April 4-5, at the Red Lion Colonial Hotel in Helena. The conference offers offers school business managers and educators a unique opportunity to earn continuing education credits while networking with notaries in legal, financial, medical, accounting and educational professions. Registration includes six sessions with nationally recognized notary experts, and a guest presentation by North Carolina Secretary of State, Elaine Marshall. With over twenty options, participants have the flexibility to choose the seminars that will benefit them the most.
Sessions will address topics such as:
- Basic and advanced notary skills
- Notary law and ethics for legal, financial and medical professionals
- New regulations that directly impact notaries in the real estate and financial industries
- Special requirements for notaries working in hospitals and other institutions
- Prevention of financial exploitation of the elderly
- CFPB requirements for independent signing agents and notaries in financial institutions
- Notarizations of documents being sent to foreign countries
- Notarizations of Montana motor vehicle titles
- Income opportunities for notaries
Continuing education credits have been approved by the State Bar of Montana for lawyers and paralegals, the Office of Public Instruction for educators, and the Montana Board of Public Accountants for CPAs. A two-part session that fulfills the mandatory training requirements for new notaries will also be available. Registration is $100.
To review the conference agenda and register for the conference, go to http://sos.mt.gov/Notary/Conference/index.asp#learn.
For more information, contact Lori Hamm, 406-444-5379