Other Education News
Livestock Loss Board Sponsors Logo ContestWednesday, November 3, 2010, 2:59 pm
The Montana Livestock Loss Reduction and Mitigation Board (LLRMB) is sponsoring a logo contest with a $750 prize for the artist who best captures the board’s mission in a logo.
Program coordinator George Edwards said the contest, announced last week at the board’s regularly scheduled meeting in Helena, was conceived to help the board and program more clearly define its identity.
"We’ve been out there for two years, but there are still people who haven’t heard of the program," Edwards said. "We want a logo that can serve as the face of the board and program, something to help us establish our identity."
The winning logo will be used on all official board documents, and will also be used as the design on a specialty license plate the board hopes will serve as a fund-raiser.
Rules for the contest follow:
· The contest is open to all Montana residents.
· All submissions must be received or postmarked by December 20, 2010.
· Submissions must be submitted in a high resolution JPG format, either via email to Edwards at email@example.com, or on a CD/DVD via U.S Postal Mail to the Livestock Loss Reduction & Mitigation Board, PO Box 202005, Helena MT 59620-2005. The winning entrant will be required to submit the logo in vector graphic format.
· Suggested graphics include livestock, a wolf, etc. LLRMB should be contained within the logo.
· Color schemes need to be compatible with Montana Department of Motor Vehicle regulations for license plates.
The board and program were established by 61st Montana Legislature (2007) to address economic losses due to wolf predation on livestock, and to create incentives for producers to take preventative measures to decrease the risk of livestock loss to wolves. Under legislation that created the board, outlined the program's mission and established funding criteria, livestock owners who suffer livestock losses to verified wolf depredation can submit a reimbursement claim to the board.
The Montana Cattlemen’s Association and Montana Farmers Union both contributed to the prize.
For additional information about the board and program, please see the board’s web site at http://www.llrmb.mt.gov or join the board on Facebook.
For more information, contact George Edwards, 444-5609