Health Enhancement and Safety
Twelve Montana Schools Receive Healthier US School Challenge AwardsTuesday, August 28, 2012, 3:12 pm
Congratulations to the following schools for their outstanding efforts! We are so proud of their efforts to promote student wellness through creating healthier school learning environments.
- Ennis K-12 Schools (K-6 elementary; 7-8 Middle School and 9-12 high school) received Gold and Silver Awards in August.
- Libby Elementary School received a Bronze award in August.
- Montana City K-8 Schools (Elementary and Junior High) received Bronze Awards in June.
- Ophir K-12 Schools (K-6 elementary; 7-8 school and Lone Peak High School) received Bronze awards in July.
- Winnett K-12 Schools (K-6 elementary;7-8 middle school; 9-12 high school) received three Gold Award of Distinction in August.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture commends these schools for the exemplary steps, leadership and team work employed to make changes to their schools’ nutrition environment; improve the quality of the foods served; provide students with more nutritious, healthy choices; and, enhance their physical activity program. The schools receive a HUSSC award plaque, a banner to display, and a small monetary incentive award ($500 per school for the Bronze award, $1000 per school for the Silver award, $1500 per school for the Gold award, and $2000 per school for the Gold Award of Distinction) for meeting HUSSC’s criteria.
For more information, contact Montana Team Nutrition, 406-994-5641