ElectionsMonday, February 24, 2014, 9:58 am
Upcoming Election Deadlines:
- Friday, March 7th: If the district requested a mail ballot election by February 25th – Mail ballot election plan/timetable/sample instructions must be received by the Secretary of State’s office no later than Friday, March 7th (note, this is the received by date – not the postmarked by date – information may be faxed, mailed or emailed).
- Thursday, March 27th: Trustees must pass a resolution calling for an election. The resolution must include the date of the election, the purpose of the election, the polling locations and the times the polls will be open. Levy amounts may be set later (not less than 25 days prior to the election).
- Friday, March 28th: The last day for trustee candidates to withdraw from an election (a statement of withdrawal must be sent to the election administrator).
- Tuesday, April 1st: Last day for districts to file resolutions for school election with the county election administrator
- Friday, April 4th: Deadline to notify election judges of appointment. It is recommended that you notify judges as early as possible so that replacements may be obtained if necessary. Election judges must meet the training requirements set by the Secretary of State’s office (see their website for additional information: http://sos.mt.gov/).
- Monday, April 7th: Voter registration closes for school elections. Contact the county election administrator for the biennial absentee ballot list
For more information, contact Nicole Thuotte, (406) 444-4524